Documentation Requirements for Adults

Adults with No Insurance

Proof of identification:

  • Picture ID or Driver's License
  • Birth Certificate
  • Resident Alien Card
  • Visa
  • Passport
  • Social Security Card
  • Prison ID

Proof of income (must be current within the last 30 days):

  • Two recent pay check stubs/four check stubs if paid weekly
  • ​Current award letter for SSI or Disability
  • Unemployment award letter
  • Letter of employment on letterhead
  • Child support
  • TANF/Food stamps award letter

Proof of residency (must be current within the last 30 days)

  • Utility bill
  • Lease or mortgage agreement
  • Auto/life/homeowner's insurance
  • Letter of homelessness

Verification of Assistance Form (if applicable)

Is the person receiving services dependent on someone else for housing, food or other daily neccessities? If so, the person receiving services must fill out the Verification of Assistance Form and have it signed by the person with whom they live with. Download the Verification of Assistance Form here.

Adults with Insurance

​Proof of identification

  • Picture ID or Driver's License
  • Social Security Card

Proof of insurance

  • Front and back of ALL insurance cards

Are you or your loved one searching for compassionate behavioral health care? Get Started

Did You Know


Texans live with a serious and persistent mental illness


Texans have a mental illness and would benefit from treatment


children received care from Metrocare last year

Get Involved

We would not be able to provide quality mental, physical and emotional health services without dedicated support from the community. Donations and volunteers provide us with the funds and abilities to help those in need.

Interested in staying in touch? Sign up